The first class I did was around football season so these were an excellent addition to any game food spread. So yummy and different take on potato skins. Healthy too!
- Serving size 4 quarters or 2 halves, serves 4
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Oil for brushing (olive oil, avocado, or canola)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and scrub potatoes well. Poke with a fork and place on baking sheet. Bake for 45mins-1 hour or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Let potatoes cool for 20 minutes. Cut in half and scoop out flesh, leaving a boarder around the inside skin. Cut halves in quarters.
- Brush both sides with oil, sprinkle with salt and bake flesh side down at 400 degrees for 15 mins. Flip skins over and bake again for 12-15 mins. (If topping with low fat cheese to melt, put on during the last flip)
- Top with 7 layer toppings.
Topping Suggestions: diced tomatoes, easy black bean dip, guacamole, queso fresco cheese, green onion, low fat sour cream
-Easy Black Bean Dip
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 jar of salsa of choice (approx. 8 oz.)
- Add both ingredients to blender or food processor and process until blended. Serve with potato skins, whole grain chips or raw veggies.
- Note: If making the dip for chips, may need to double the recipe.