This was one of the first recipes I did for the first cooking class. I love these because you get your carbohydrate, protein, and fiber all in one neat little package, love that! They are tasty, easy to make, and are portable. Something crunchy is definitely a work day winner for dealing with little stresses, and these you can feel good about eating!
- Two 15-ounce cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Spice blend of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Drain the can of garbanzo beans in a strainer and rinse with water for a few seconds to clean off the beans. Shake and tap the strainer to rid of excess water. Lay paper towel on a baking sheet, and spread the beans over. Use another paper towel to gently press and absorb the water on the beans. Roll the beans around with the paper towel to also remove the thin skin from any of the beans. Discard the skins and the paper towels.
- Place beans and olive oil in resealable bag and shake to coat. Transfer to baking sheet and any skins that came off beans. Roast for 45-50 minutes until the beans are a deep golden brown and crunchy. Make sure that the beans do not burn by shaking the pan and turning every 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and spice blend.
For Ranch Seasoning Combine: ¼ teaspoon each of dried dill, parsley, garlic powder, and onion powder